Prep 15 mins • Cook 15 mins • Serves 2-3
Penne Laksa Pesto
Here's a simple pasta recipe that can be made in less than an hour.
- laksa pesto sauce
- 60g laksa leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 50g roasted pine nuts
- 40g parmesan cheese, grated
- 150ml Naturel Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 15g sea salt
- penne pasta
- 10 large prawns, peeled and deveined, then blanch to cook
- 1 yellow capsicum, julienned
- 1 red capsicum, julienned
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 sprigs laksa leaves, cut very thinly, to garnish
- 1 tbsp Naturel Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 red bird’s eye chillies, cut thinly
Bring a pot of water to the boil. Cook Naturel Organic Penne according to packet instructions. Set aside for later use.
Prepare laksa pesto. Combine all the ingredients in a tall beaker.
Blend the ingredients using a handheld blender, at low speed first then increase the speed till a smooth paste forms. Add more Naturel Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, if necessary.
Transfer to a glass jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
Heat Naturel Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute garlic till fragrant then add capsicum and continue frying till cooked.
Add 2 tbsp of laksa pesto sauce to the skillet and mix well.
Toss in the cooked penne, mix it well to ensure penne is thoroughly coated. Add in more laksa pesto sauce, if desired, and lastly, add in the bird’s eye red chillies.
Garnish with sliced laksa leaves and cooked prawns, and serve immediately.
Add grated parmesan cheese, if desired, for an added flavour kick.
Recipe by Chef Philip Chia
Share this article: